I hope this letter finds you well! My name is Marissa Grieco and I am the Science Education teacher at GFB. My general teaching philosophy revolves around inquiry, so as a science teacher, my goal is to facilitate your children in the science inquiry process. I am so excited to be working with your kids this school year and am eager to let their curiosity drive their science learning experience!
The education of science encourages critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration and INQUIRY! So, what does inquiry look like in an Elementary Science classroom?
- Asking open-ended questions to dig deeper into science concepts
- Using evidence from observations and investigations to create logical explanations and answer questions
- Challenging minds to use creative and critical thinking in order to problem solve
- Interpreting science to explain the world around them using multimodal and collaborative learning
Expectations in Science Class:
- Listen and follow directions
- Raise your hand
- Be kind and respectful
The following links reflect the overall progression of information our students are covering. Here is a monthly look at the units, objectives, standards and resources our K-2 students are covering:
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com